I challenge you to find a better place to learn about what matters to people in Maine than right here on bangordailynews.com.
On the BDN we have people writing from everything from politics to entertaining active kids to tasty recipes to what’s going on Downeast. If you have a passion that matters to Maine people, we want to hear about it.
Ever wondered who was in this community? Or what it took to be a part of it? Then this is the blog for you.
Ever wanted to be a better blogger, just in general? This blog is for you.
Don’t miss a thing by subscribing to our blog by email:
And if you have a question, comment or idea, we always love hearing from you!
Here’s the latest posts we’ve written on this blog:
- What is the anatomy of the perfect blog post?
- Meet the BDN Audience Manager and learn about blogging
- BDN Maine blog network Blogger of the Year Award
- Ten tips for bloggers from the BDN Digital Desk
- Ten blog challenges for 2017
- Six ways to get your blog ready for 2017
- The BDN blog starter kit is here
- 5 Tips to self-promote your blog
- Say hello to your new favorite blog tool
- Writing prompts for bloggers
- 3 simple ways to boost your page views
- Headlines 101: how to write them and why they matter
- This is the best time to publish a blog post
- How to add video content to your blog
- How to find the most commonly used search term for your blog
- BDN blog topics that tend to trend
- How to write a Homestead blog
- 10 awesome Google search hacks you need to know
- How to respond if your blog post is stolen
- 10 Twitter mistakes you need to fix right now
- What’s up with all this buzz about blogging conferences?
- 4 Ways to develop authenticity in your writing
- How blogger, Erinne Magee uses her blog to connect with her community
- How to get your blog involved with your local community
- How to use tags and categories in your blog posts
- 10 Different writing styles for blog posts that will engage readers
- Advice from an editor on how to get your work promoted
- Things I learned about my community after I started blogging for BDN Maine
- Breaking down the ‘community standards’ rule for the BDN Maine blog network
- Show you’re a BDN Blogger using our network badges
- Troubleshooting images in your WordPress blog
- Get more readers on your blog using a funny tool called Yoast SEO
- 5 things to consider before starting your blog
- How to know if people are actually reading your blog
- Use these 100 power words to boost reader interest
- 5 Questions to help reignite your blog passion for 2016
- Two strategic ways to conduct a successful interview for your blog
- A blogger’s quick guide to getting started with Pinterest
- 3 clever ways to recycle old blog posts
- Interview with Wendy Watkins, blogger at Gym Class Dropout
- How to run a giveaway to increase traffic to your blog
- How to take a break from blogging without losing your audience
- How to choose a blog name
- How to find and use “copyright free” images without getting sued
- How to deal with Internet Trolls
- 7 tips to boost the quality of your posts and get your blog promoted
- How to use your Facebook Page to drive traffic to your blog
- How to create a Facebook Page for your BDN blog
- How To Network With Other BDN Bloggers
- How to host a guest blog post
- How to write an awesome About Page: Creating consistency across the web (part two)
- How to write an awesome About Page: All about YOU (part one)
- Tips for getting your BDN blog post on the home page
- 5 smart strategies for writing effective blog titles
- 10 creative ways to battle writer’s block
- A 10-step plan to get something out of your blog
- The 7 qualities of a great blog pitch
- 24 secrets to thriving on social media from Maine’s viral hitmakers
- Ever wanted to know more about how to be a BDN Blogger? Well, start here.